ISKCON Educational Services has facilitated students visiting the temple since 2004. IES further develops into its present stage through the cooperation with the Harmony in Diversity program of the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Regular Programs for Temple Visit
We provide tailor-made programs to match the learning needs of the students.
You can choose different aspects of the culture to be incorporated in the program.
Professorship in Indian Religions and Culture
The Professorship in Indian Religions and Culture was established at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) in September 2007 by the mutual cooperation of the Department of Cultural and Religious Studies of CUHK, ISKCON and the local Indian community of Hong Kong.
The program is an interreligious and cultural project for the promotion of Indian culture, religion and tradition through academia and other higher educational programs. It is the only program of its kind in Hong Kong and is one of the very few such programs in South and Northeast Asia.
- To explain and teach Indian religions and culture to the people of Hong Kong
- To foster stronger cultural bridges between the countries of India and China
- To serve the Indian community in Hong Kong by organizing cultural programs and promoting further studies of India’s rich cultural heritage.
Scope of Activities
- Academic undergraduate and graduate teaching and supervision
- Academic research through scholarly publications and conferences
- Continuing education programs for the wider community
- Publications aimed at the general public
- Cultural programs to promote greater understanding between communities.
Course on Introduction to Hinduism
ISKCON has been participating in Interfaith Dialogues and activities since 1996.